Visualization is an important personal development tool. Just as affirmations can help you motivate yourself and focus better to achieve your goals so can using visualization or mental imagery. Whenever we have an idea or notion to do something we visualize it first. For instance, if we're hungry and want to eat we picture different food possibilities; whether we want to cook a meal or go out to eat, and whether or not we want company at our meal. When we have a function to attend we picture what type of outfit to wear and where we might shop for it.
How to visualize what you want:
1. Go somewhere quiet and private where you won't be disturbed. Close your eyes and think of the goal, mood, new behavior or skill, you want to acquire.
2. Take several deep breaths and relax.
3. Visualize the object or situation you desire in your mind as clearly and with as much detail as you can.
4. Add emotion, feeling, and your senses to your vision.
5. Practice it at least twice a day for about 10 minutes each time.
6. Persevere until you succeed.
7. Maintain positive thoughts and a good attitude throughout.
Visualization is a wonderful tool for preparing for anything, and everything. It invariably results in a higher level of performance.